untitled (Fruit Stand)
Contact The Charleston Museum for image use and credit instructions.
Watercolor on paper of a produce market attended and operated by four women and two children. The market is set up on a dirt road or path in a dark, forested area. The subjects are outlined in black, causing the image to resemble an illustration. The women are conveyed wearing full length skirts with blouses and most of the garments are solid in color, except for the furthest woman's plaid skirt. The subjects stand in two groups and a boy holds a watermelon for a woman in a green skirt on the right.
- Title: untitled (Fruit Stand)
- Creator: Mary Wilson Ball, 1892-1984
- Date: Undated
- Signature: Mary W. Ball MW Ball
- Signature Location: lower right corner
- Culture: American
- School: Charleston Renaissance Movement
- Dimensions: H-17 W-13.5 inches
- Collection: Works on Paper Collection
- Object Name: Mary Wilson Ball Artwork
- Other Name: Watercolor on Paper
- Object Id: 1975.32.160
- Search Terms