untitled (First Sighting)
Contact The Charleston Museum for image use and credit instructions.
Watercolor on paper depicting a historical scene of three indigenous peoples standing on the shoreline observing an approaching ship. The tallest figure has a headdress with red and green feathers. The three male figures wear white loincloths while the fourth female figure emerges from the bottom wearing a patterned headscarf and blue shirt and skirt. The scene is illustration-like.
- Title: untitled (First Sighting)
- Creator: Mary Wilson Ball, 1892-1984
- Date: Undated
- Culture: American
- School: Charleston Renaissance Movement
- Dimensions: H-16 W-20 inches
- Collection: Works on Paper Collection
- Object Name: Mary Wilson Ball Artwork
- Other Name: Watercolor on Paper
- Object Id: 1975.32.251
- Search Terms