United Service Organizations
Copyright: Contact The Charleston Museum Archives for publication quality images and credit instructions.
Black and white photograph of Peg Drennan and a sailor identified as Harry Funk posing for the photographer in the gardens at the Joseph Manigault House. Note the unfinished brick wall in the background.
During World War II The Charleston Museum leased the Joseph Manigault House to the National Catholic Community Service, Inc., an Agency of the United Service Organization. Peg Drennan served as the Director from 1943-1944.
- Title: United Service Organizations
- Photographer: Unattributed
- Date: January 1944
- Collection: Photograph Collection
- Object Name: World War II
- Object Id: 2015.2.8
- Address: 350 Meeting Street
- Search Terms