1828 copper slave badge stamped "servant No. 1895" recovered from excavations by Museum archaeologists at the Heyward-Washington House, 1973-1977. Reverse is stamped with the maker's mark, "Lafar." This particular slave badge would have been worn by an enlsaved person hired out to work as a domestic or washer woman.
- Site: Heyward-Washington House
- Site Number: 38Ch108
- Date: 1828
- Collection: Slave Badge Collection
- Object Name: Badges
- Object Id: ARL 23074
- Search Terms