Red Hot Poker Vine
Contact The Charleston Museum for image use and credit instructions.
Watercolor on paper illustrating the stem, flowers and fruits of the red hot poker vine (Norantea guianeneis) painted during Taylor's first expedition with William Beebe in British Guiana (now Guyana).
Gift of the artist, 1946.
- Title: Red Hot Poker Vine
- Creator: Taylor, Anna Heyward, 1879-1956
- Date: March 10, 1916
- Culture: American
- School: Academic
- Dimensions: H-14 W-10 inches
- Makers Mark: lower right in graphite: "Kalacoon Found in Jungle, 10-3-16 Norantea guianeneis, Palewe?e."
- Collection: Works on Paper Collection
- Object Name: Anna Heyward Taylor Artwork
- Other Name: Work on Paper
- Object Id: AZ 1208
- Search Terms