Ralph Izard House
Copyright: Contact The Charleston Museum Archives for publication quality images and credit instructions.
Black and white photograph of the privy at the Ralph Izard House, also known as the William Harvey House, located at 110 Broad Street.
Built c. 1728 by William Harvey, it is three stories and designed with a hipped roof, corner quoins, and large chimneys topped in corbeled caps. The front office entry and chambered rear stair hall lead to the second story with a large front drawing room and smaller withdrawing room. The neoclassical fanlight above the front door with delicate gougework surround the second story wrought-iron balcony and was added through various alterations and remodels.
Photographer Charles N. Bayless, funded by grants from the National Endowment for the Arts, photographed and recorded the Carolina Lowcountry between 1970 and 1988. The South Carolina Project took place between 1977 and 1979.
- Title: Ralph Izard House
- Photographer: Bayless, Charles Nield, 1914-1991
- Date: 1977-1979
- Collection: Photograph Collection
- Object Name: HABS South Carolina Project
- Object Id: MK 11988
- Search Terms