Contact The Charleston Museum for image use and credit instructions.
Watercolor on paper illustrating the stem, leaves, buds and flower of a morning glory (Ipomea fastigiata) vine painted during Taylor's first expedition with William Beebe in British Guiana (now Guyana). Unfinished parts of the vine and a study to the lower left are completed in ink.
Gift of the artist, 1946.
- Title: Morning Glory
- Creator: Taylor, Anna Heyward, 1879-1956
- Date: March 7, 1916
- Culture: American
- School: Academic
- Dimensions: H-14 W-10 inches
- Makers Mark: lower right in graphite: "Ipomea fastigiata, Kalacoon 7-3-16, Found on hillside."
- Collection: Works on Paper Collection
- Object Name: Anna Heyward Taylor Artwork
- Other Name: Work on Paper
- Object Id: AZ 1204
- Search Terms