Contact The Charleston Museum for image use and credit instructions.
Watercolor on paper illustrating the Guinea arrowroot (Calathea allouia) plant painted during Taylor's first expedition with William Beebe in British Guiana (now Guyana). Pencil studies of the leaf and stamen are depicted at the bottom.
Gift of the artist, 1946.
- Title: Guinea Arrowroot
- Creator: Taylor, Anna Heyward, 1879-1956
- Date: March 16, 1916
- Culture: American
- School: Academic
- Dimensions: H-14 W-10 inches
- Makers Mark: lower right in graphite: "Calathea allouia (Rose), Kut Trail - 'Kalacoon' 16-3-16."
- Collection: Works on Paper Collection
- Object Name: Anna Heyward Taylor Artwork
- Other Name: Work on Paper
- Object Id: AZ 1213
- Search Terms