Granville Bastion, 40 East Bay Street
Copyright: Contact The Charleston Museum Archives for publication quality images and credit instructions.
Sepia photograph of two unidentified girls sitting on the remnants of the old Granville Bastion. Paine captured the lighted path of the full moon as they look out onto the Cooper River. He noted on reverse, "Real Moonlight over the Cooper 8 Pm Aug 1934. by MB Paine." See also MK 4311a.
Please contact the Museum Archives with any information regarding the identity of the subjects.
- Title: Granville Bastion, 40 East Bay Street
- Photographer: Paine, Morton Brailsford, 1883-1940
- Date: August 1934
- Collection: Photograph Collection
- Object Name: Morton Brailsford Paine Photographs
- Object Id: MK 4311b
- Address: 40 East Bay Street
- Search Terms