Contact The Charleston Museum for image use and credit instructions.
Watercolor and ink on paper illustrating the stems, leaves and flower of the dumb cane (Dieffenbachia seguine) plant painted during Taylor's first expedition with William Beebe in British Guiana (now Guyana).
Gift of the artist, 1946.
- Title: Dumb Cane
- Creator: Taylor, Anna Heyward, 1879-1956
- Date: March 3, 1916
- Culture: American
- School: Academic
- Dimensions: H-14 W-10 inches
- Makers Mark: lower right corner in graphite: "Camaria [Kamaria Fall] - 12-3-16 Found on stream bank - Leaf 1/6."
- Collection: Works on Paper Collection
- Object Name: Anna Heyward Taylor Artwork
- Other Name: Work on Paper
- Object Id: AZ 1201
- Search Terms