Desert Rose (Adenium)
Contact The Charleston Museum for image use and credit instructions.
Watercolor and gouache on paper illustrating the stem, leaves, buds and flowers of an unidentified plant (possibly a desert rose) painted during an expedition Taylor took with William Beebe in British Guiana (now Guyana). Gouache was used to highlight the leaves and the base color of the flowers.
Gift of the artist, 1946.
- Title: Desert Rose (Adenium)
- Creator: Taylor, Anna Heyward, 1879-1956
- Date: Undated
- Culture: American
- School: Academic
- Dimensions: H-18.75 W-12.25 inches
- Collection: Works on Paper Collection
- Object Name: Anna Heyward Taylor Artwork
- Other Name: Work on Paper
- Object Id: AZ 1237
- Search Terms