Contact The Charleston Museum for image use and credit instructions.
Watercolor and gouache on paper of the stem, leaves, and flower of the Clusia grandiflora plant painted during Taylor's second expedition with William Beebe in British Guiana (now Guyana). Gouache was used to make the flower petals opaque and white.
Gift of the artist, 1946.
- Title: Clusia grandiflora
- Creator: Taylor, Anna Heyward, 1879-1956
- Date: c. 1920
- Culture: American
- School: Academic
- Dimensions: H-18.25 W-14 inches
- Collection: Works on Paper Collection
- Object Name: Anna Heyward Taylor Artwork
- Other Name: Work on Paper
- Object Id: AZ 1240
- Search Terms