Contact The Charleston Museum for image use and credit instructions.
Watercolor on paper illustrating the stem, leaves and flowers of an unidentified plant (possibly Clusia grandiflora) painted during Taylor's first expedition with William Beebe in British Guiana (now Guyana). A large black and red insect is visible on the stem.
Gift of the artist, 1946.
- Title: Clusia grandiflora
- Creator: Taylor, Anna Heyward, 1879-1956
- Date: March 28, 1916
- Culture: American
- School: Academic
- Dimensions: H-14 W-10 inches
- Makers Mark: lower left in graphite: "Kau Island-28-3-16."
- Collection: Works on Paper Collection
- Object Name: Anna Heyward Taylor Artwork
- Other Name: Work on Paper
- Object Id: AZ 1215
- Search Terms