Contact The Charleston Museum for image use and credit instructions.
Watercolor on paper illustrating the stalk, leaf and pistol of a caladium painted during Taylor's first expedition with William Beebe in British Guiana (now Guyana). She depicted the shadow of the flower as though it were being held inches above the paper.
Gift of the artist, 1946.
- Title: Caladium
- Creator: Taylor, Anna Heyward, 1879-1956
- Date: March 4, 1916
- Culture: American
- School: Academic
- Dimensions: H-14 W-10 inches
- Makers Mark: lower left in graphite: "Kalacoon Mar, 4 1916 Found on edge of stream." lower right in graphite: "Monyali"
- Collection: Works on Paper Collection
- Object Name: Anna Heyward Taylor Artwork
- Other Name: Work on Paper
- Object Id: AZ 1200
- Search Terms