Contact The Charleston Museum for image use and credit instructions.
Watercolor on paper illustrating the stalks, leaf and pistil of a caladium (Caladium bicolor) plant painted during Taylor's first expedition with William Beebe in British Guiana (Guyana). A beetle is visible on the pistil with an ink thumbnail sketch in the lower left showing the "section eaten by bug."
Gift of the artist, 1946.
- Title: Caladium
- Creator: Taylor, Anna Heyward, 1879-1956
- Date: March 7, 1916
- Culture: American
- School: Academic
- Dimensions: H-14 W-10 inches
- Makers Mark: lower right in graphite: "Hills Estate-7-3-16 Found on hillside. Colocasia antiquorum, Caladium bicolor."
- Collection: Works on Paper Collection
- Object Name: Anna Heyward Taylor Artwork
- Other Name: Work on Paper
- Object Id: AZ 1217
- Search Terms