Red Passion Flower
Contact The Charleston Museum for image use and credit instructions.
Watercolor on paper of the stem, leaves, tendrils, bud and flower of the red passion flower (Passiflora coccinea) plant painted during Taylor's first expedition with William Beebe in Britsh Guiana (now Guyana). The incomplete regions of the study are outlined in ink.
Gift of the artist, 1946.
- Title: Red Passion Flower
- Creator: Taylor, Anna Heyward, 1879-1956
- Date: March 11, 1916
- Culture: American
- School: Academic
- Dimensions: H-14 W-10 inches
- Makers Mark: lower right in graphite: "Passiflora coccinea, Kalacoon, 11-3-16 Found on hillside."
- Collection: Works on Paper Collection
- Object Name: Anna Heyward Taylor Artwork
- Other Name: Work on Paper
- Object Id: AZ 1233
- Search Terms