Missroon House, 40 East Bay Street
Copyright: Contact The Charleston Museum Archives for publication quality images and credit instructions.
Black and white photograph of the doorway to the Missroon House. The building was constructed in 1789 by English merchant Harry Grant. Captain James Missroon purchased the property in 1808 that only included the central portion of the present building. He had additions made during the fifty years that he and his family resided there. Image was used in "Gateways & Doorways," p. 22.
- Title: Missroon House, 40 East Bay Street
- Creator: Curtis, Elizabeth Gibbon
- Date: c. 1920
- Collection: Photograph Collection
- Object Name: Charleston Historic Houses
- Object Id: MK 240
- Address: 40 East Bay Street
- Search Terms