King Street

Copyright: Contact The Charleston Museum Archives for publication quality images and credit instructions.


Photograph of the businesses on the east side of King Street south of Broad Street. Directly to the right is 94 King built in c.1742 by carpenter, Robert Harvey, 96 King built in c. 1742 by James Hilliard, a watchmaker and 98 King Street, built by John Vaun, a carpenter. The French Huguenot Church owned all three lots at the time and leased them to the builders. A sign for advertising the business of Louis Garfinkel Mattress Maker is visible on the far left located at 100 King Street.

Handwritten on reverse: "King below Broad, E side. French church property."