Joseph Manigault House Withdrawing Room Door
Contact The Charleston Museum for image use and credit instructions.
Pastel pencil drawing on paper illustrating the arched doorway that leads from the withdrawing room to the drawing room in the Joseph Manigault House. Smith uses the full spectrum of color, which causes the house to appear enlivened, despite the lack of human presence, rather than quiet or soothing.
- Title: Joseph Manigault House Withdrawing Room Door
- Creator: Smith, Alice R. Huger (Alice Ravenel Huger), 1876-1958
- Date: Undated
- Signature: ARHS
- Signature Location: right, lower corner
- Culture: American
- Dimensions: H-10 W-8 inches
- Collection: Works on Paper Collection
- Object Name: Pencil Drawings
- Object Id: 1994.73.1b
- Search Terms