Joseph Manigault House Withdrawing Room Door
Contact The Charleston Museum for image use and credit instructions.
Pastel penicl drawing on paper depicting the withdrawing room jib door in the Joseph Manigault House. Delicate pencil lines outline the dentil crown moulding and fluted Corinthian columns around the door. The composition, with the jib doors open, draws the viewer outside, toward the lush depiction of the Manigault garden.
- Title: Joseph Manigault House Withdrawing Room Door
- Creator: Smith, Alice R. Huger (Alice Ravenel Huger), 1876-1958
- Date: Undated
- Signature: ARHS
- Signature Location: right, lower corner
- Culture: American
- Dimensions: H-14 W-10 inches
- Collection: Works on Paper Collection
- Object Name: Pencil Drawings
- Object Id: 1994.73.1d
- Search Terms