Copyright: Contact The Charleston Museum Archives for publication quality images and credit instructions.
Black and white photograph of the main house at Comingtee Plantation. A young child and toddler can be seen in the yard and an outbuilding is visible to the far left. The brick portion was built in the 1730s with the wooden addition coming after the Revolutionary War. Printed from a glass plate negative held in the Musuem's archives, negative #10362.
Typed information on reverse "Comingtee plantation, east branch of Cooper River, near Charleston. Dwelling house-brick built about 1736, wooden addition about 1790. photo ca. 1895."
This image was also printed and placed in the "Porcher Family History" book (located in the South Carolina Historical Society) written by Laura Heyward Porcher White. She describes it, "In the brick house the Porcher family lived while Miss Ann Deas and Mr. Keating Ball lived in the wooden house."
Gift of the Laura Porcher White Estate.