Contact The Charleston Museum for image use and credit instructions.
Watercolor on paper illustrating the stem, leaves, tendrils, buds and flowers of the Bignonia aequinoctialis plant painted during Taylor's second expedition with William Beebe in British Guiana (now Guyana). A small amount of gouache was used to add highlights on the leaves.
Gift of the artist, 1946.
- Title: Bignonia aequinoctialis
- Creator: Taylor, Anna Heyward, 1879-1956
- Date: July 6, 1920
- Culture: American
- School: Academic
- Dimensions: H-18 W-12 inches
- Makers Mark: lower right in graphite: "Bignonia aequinoctialis, Kartabo B.G., 6-7-20."
- Collection: Works on Paper Collection
- Object Name: Anna Heyward Taylor Artwork
- Other Name: Work on Paper
- Object Id: AZ 1238
- Search Terms