Copyright: Contact The Charleston Museum Archives for publication quality images and credit instructions.
Black and white photograph of the two-story house at Ballsdam Plantation. The porch is almost completely gone but the right side is still intact. There are stairs leading to a central door with sidelights. The door has two windows on either side with shutters closed. The house is built on a high basement and two brick chimneys are visible at the roofline. Handwritten at bottom, front: "Ruins of Ballsdam // built by Dr. John Sanders Palmer // about 1844. Accidentally burned."