A Charleston Gateway
Contact The Charleston Museum for image use and credit instructions.
Black ink etching on paper depicting the gate at the Charles Elliott House (43 Legare Street). Hutty illustrated the brick columns in overgrown vines and a partial view of the front door.
Gift of the artist.
- Title: A Charleston Gateway
- Creator: Hutty, Alfred Herber, 1877-1954
- Date: 1920
- Signature: Alfred Hutty with snail monogram
- Signature Location: lower right in graphite
- Culture: American
- School: Charleston Renaissance Movement
- Dimensions: H-9 W-6 inches
- Collection: Works on Paper Collection
- Object Name: Etchings
- Other Name: Work on Paper
- Object Id: AZ 191
- Search Terms