Tours at our historic houses are on the hour beginning at 10 am Monday through Saturday, and 12 pm on Sunday. Last tour of the day begins at 4 pm.
Masks must be worn while visiting The Charleston Museum and its historic houses. Thank you for helping our community slow the spread of COVID-19. Learn More
2020 New Accessions
- Mourning jewelry with hairwork relating to the Snowden family. Donated by Harriet Little
- Adult figures seated in wooden chairs inscribed with the maker’s name, Marcia E. Clark. Donated by Teresa Platt.
- One Yeamans Hall Club golf score card, a handwritten script on Murphy & Company Cotton Brokers letterhead and a stationary page from the Castle Pinckney Inn. Donated by Maureen Huff.
- Black and white photographs of the Wagener family on Folly Island. Donated by Sharon Cousins.
- Various textile items relating to the Sloan family including a pink organdy sleeveless gown, a pair of net gloves, five linen napkins, one needlepoint tea towel and several pieces of children’s clothing. Donated by Laura Sloan Crosby.
- One hand crocheted coverlet and ephemera relating to the Gruber family, including photographs and a Bill of Sale for enslaved persons in 1852. Donated by Margaret Seidler.
- Various textile objects relating to the Hunley Submarine excavation in 2000, including clothing articles worn by the donor who was present, one ball cap signed by the excavation team and one ball cap worn by Harry Pecorelli, along with twenty-four 1886 Charleston Earthquake postcards with one advertisement for the sale of earthquake sand and several pottery fragments collected from Morris Island. Donated by John Downs.
- Various photographs, several jewelry pieces, textile items, artwork and numerous ephemera relating to longtime Museum house administrator, Anne W. Fox. Donated by MaryAnne Fox Demster.
- One cased Sabotier tool set dating to the mid to late 18th century. Donated by Lauren Shor.
- One felt banner decorated with “Xmas from the Border 1916” from J.D.E. Meyer, a wooden rice paddle recovered from Bennett’s Rice Mill and various history publications. Donated by Pam McConnell.
- Several textile items relating to the 2017 Women’s March in Washington D.C. Donated by Jane Raouf.
- One cotton child’s dress, c. 1910. Donated by Kathleen Staples.
- Brick from the foundation of 87 Rutledge Avenue. Donated by Elizabeth and Jason Ryan.
- One iron daybed purchased by Louis Manigault, Sr. in Paris August 3, 1858. Donated by Anne Manigault Trott.
- Various t-shirts, ball caps, and one tote bag. Donated by Tomm Robinson.
- Vanderhorst family wedding lace, one white linen drawn-work table cloth, and one white damask table cloth monogrammed for Mary Gregg Chisolm with matching napkin. Donated by Mary Gregg Chisolm Smythe.
- One Bolton & Company flintlock pistol.
- Various military ephemera relating to Legrande C. Whitney, including one JP Sauer & Sohn semi-auto pistol, 7.65mm taken from a captured German officer in 1945, one Purple Heart with certificate, one Bronze Star with certificate and photographs taken during WWII. Donated by Joan C. Whitney.
- Various ephemera relating to the Laidler, Hinson and LaBruce families including a family Bible and three logbooks kept by Alfred Trenholm LaBruce as well as a beaded purse belonging to Elizabeth Laidler Bee LaBruce. Donated by Elizabeth Laidler Freeman Campbell and Clark LaBruce Freeman.
- Color photographs of the burial procession for the Hunley Submarine crew taken in 2004. Donated by Loyda McClellan.
- Various archaeological materials collected from Charleston, Dorchester and Colleton counties. Donated by Roger Lovegrove.
- Various textile items, lapel pins, photographs, yearbooks, diplomas and other ephemera relating to Mitzi Estes Bledsoe and Francis Henry Bledsoe. Donated by Julie Thomas.