- Parties are for a minimum of ten children and a maximum of twenty
- The youngest age for a Museum party is four turning five
- Party pricing is based on ten children, each additional child is $10
- Parties are available any day of the week and must be completed by 5:00 p.m.
- Call early, Saturdays fill up fast.
- To reserve your party call 722-2996 ext. 264. A credit card number is required to hold your spot and cancellations must be made at least two weeks in advance.
See what life was like for a tomb builder in Ancient Egypt. Get a chance to make an Egyptian collar, write your name in hieroglyphics, and mummify the birthday child.
Oceans in Motion
Dive into marine exploration and learn about shells, squid, puffer fish, and more while you make sun visors and color stand-up ocean creatures.
Roll up your sleeves and get a chance to make your own clay pot. Learn about the different styles of South Carolina pottery while making artwork of your own.
Get ready for a roaring good time! Dig for dinosaurs, make a mask, and decorate your own dino while learning about these fascinating creatures.
History Doll Party
Pick your favorite history doll and learn about their lives through crafts and activities. Partygoers are welcome to bring their dolls and dress in period clothing.
Decorate your safari hat and binoculars and then journey through the Natural History Hall. Learn fun facts about animals from our collection.
Ahoy Maties! Sign the pirates code of conduct, make your own hat, and more. Learn about Blackbeard, Bonnet, and others.
Explore creepy crawlies from our collection, create a creature and decorate a bug box.
Basic Charleston Museum Birthday includes:
- Museum classroom for an hour and a half*
- Themed party led by Museum staff person
- Two craft projects
- Scavenger hunt through the Museum
- Goody bags, birthday banners, tablecloths, and balloons
- Museum staff person will keep list of presents
- You provide the names and addresses, we send out the invitations
- Set up and clean up
- Cake, snack, drinks, and paper products are to be supplied by the parents.
- Fees: $140/Member, $170/Non-member
Premier Party Package includes:
- Basic party features
- Themed cake w/candles and plates, napkins, and forks available in several colors
- Fees: $230/Member, $260 Non-Member
Ultimate Birthday Package includes:
- Premier party features
- Ice cream cups, snack, and juice boxes
- Museum membership for the whole family
- Fees: $280/Member (no membership included), $350/Non-member
Tea Party includes:
- Basic party features
- Lesson on etiquette and the taking of tea
- Porcelain tea cup and saucer for each child to decorate
- Sandwiches and treats catered by Hamby's
- Cupcake for each child to decorate
- Table games
- Tour of fashion exhibit and/or silver gallery
- Fees: $320/Member, $350/Non-members
To reserve your party call 722-2996 ext. 264. A credit card number is required to hold your spot and cancellations must be made at least two weeks in advance.
*After completion of the party, you have 30 minutes to gather your items. Staying after that time will result in a fee of $50 per every half hour.