View Larger Map
FREE PARKING for the Museum and the Joseph Manigault House in the museum parking lot.
PAID PUBLIC PARKING Just across Meeting Street, public parking is available at the Charleston Area Convention and Visitors Bureau and an adjacent parking garage.
The Charleston Museum
360 Meeting Street:
(conveniently located across from the Charleston Visitor Center)
get directions to The Charleston Museum
The Joseph Manigault House
350 Meeting Street:
(across the street from the Museum)
get directions to the Joseph Manigault House
The Heyward-Washington House
87 Church Street:
(located in the heart of the Historic District)
get directions to the Heyward-Washington House
From I-26 to The Charleston Museum and The Joseph Manigault House:
- Take the Meeting Street/Visitor Center exit
- Travel south on Meeting Street for approximately 1 mile.
- The Charleston Museum is on the corner of Meeting Street and John Street
- To access the Museum parking lot, turn left onto John Street and then left into the marked Museum lot.
To The Heyward-Washington House:
- Travel south on Meeting Street, past the Museum and Visitor Center, for approximately 2 miles.
- Turn left on Broad Street.
- Turn right on Church Street and travel two blocks. The house is on the right-hand side of the street.
- Please note: 2-hour and metered street parking only.